There is no content to display.
Members present: Joan, Wilma, Juan, Kerri, Sonda, Janon, Karah, Yvette, Aryn, Carol
Guest: Kelly Wadsworth
I. Call to Order
II. Agenda approved
III. March minutes approved
IV. Accepted Kerri Navarro as a New Board Member, motion presented by Karah, 2nd by Carol, passed.
V. Reviewed financial report
VI. Presentation by Brighton DECA – Saul Jurado and Ms. Valentine from the Brighton High School club presented their need for financial assistance as the club prepares to compete at Nationals in Atlanta. Twenty students are going. Each needs $700. BHS has one of the BEST chapters in CO! Motion made and seconded to allocate $750 to Brighton DECA. Motion passed
VII. Continuing Business
- Subcommittee Updates
– Cookbook – Karah reported the draft will be complete by May 1.
– Disc Golf – Wilma reported plans proceeding well for the May 31 event; the cost will be $25 per registrant.
– Kickball – Juan reported plans are proceeding well for the June 21 event; there will be a family league and a competitive team. Area business/organization mascots will join the fun.
– Historic Tour – Aryn reported plans are proceeding well. The date will be determined for a weekend evening in September. Various stops for dinner, drinks/dessert, and historical facts. Proposing $25 per person.
- Carol’s idea about postcard announcing all events to recruit sponsors – all agreed to proceed, and thanked Carol for taking the lead on this project. Various levels of sponsorship will be developed.
- Discussed website/Facebook page – Joan will call Josh, and Carol will draft a letter informing him of the Board’s decision to release him from serving the Board as a Member and requesting the rights to ownership of the BLF website by April 15, 2014. Wilma presented the motion, 2nd by Aryn, passed.
- Aryn proposed the Board seek an in-kind sponsor to manage our website. Suggested at a $1,000 or $1,500 sponsorship level.
- Scholarship Applications – Committee members will be Juan, Kerri, Yvette and Joan. Applications are due May 1 from HS seniors.
- Help for Homes – Joan will send out the application to all. The event is May 3.
- Contracts for outside agencies and Fire Departments – tabled for May meeting.
VIII. New Business
- Historic Downtown Brighton Progressive Wine Tasting – Chamber After Hours, April 23. The merchants have offered to donate a portion of their proceeds from ticket sales/drawing donations to BLF. Yvette will continue to coordinate with the merchants to help promote BLF during the event, so guests understand how the dollars will be used. The Board should draft a letter of thanks to the merchants for their donation after the event.
Joan motioned to adjourn, 2nd by Carol. Meeting adjourned at 1:20 p.m.
Next Meeting – May 7, 2014 at 11 a.m.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Yvette Martinez