There is no content to display.
Board Members Present: Lloyd Worth, Magi McEntire, Ann Taddeo, Yvette Martinez, Julie Stewart, Janon Swink, Rodney Knodel (BYC representative), and Joan Kniss.
Excused: Melissa Rippy, Kerri Navarro, Juan Luna, Wilma Rose, and Aryn Lallas
Guest: Wayne Walvoord, Aging in Place
- Meeting called to order at 11:40 a.m. by Yvette. Roll call taken, and we have a quorum.
- A motion was offered to approve the February 25, 2016 meeting minutes; seconded and passed.
- A motion was offered to approve the April 28, 2016 meeting agenda; seconded and passed.
- There was a presentation by Wayne Walvoord, requesting funding for a conference covering “Aging in Place”.
- Financial Report- Magi McEntire. Magi presented the financial report for April, and current transactions for the start of March. The remaining monies from 2015 fundraising currently in “unrestricted funds”, will be moved to “scholarships”. There was a motion offered to establish a precedent to have at least $2,500 in “youth funding” at the beginning of each new year. Any remaining funds should be moved to “unrestricted funds”. The motion was seconded, and passed. There is nearly $2,500 in “youth funding” now.
- Continuing business – there were no additional “Big Check” presentations to announce.
- 2016 Fundraiser updates
- Disc Golf, June 11 – Joan
- Time will be 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Breakfast and lunch sponsors confirmed.
- Joan asked if each of us would donate a gift card and bring to May meeting.
- Poker Run, July 16 – Ann
- First bike out at 9am, last bike in a 4pm.
- Flyers have been printed, and ready for distribution. Melissa has a supply for pick-up. Please help spread the word.
- Classic Car Show, August 13 – Melissa
- The Legacy Show and Shine, open to all cars, trucks and motorcycles
- Time will be 10:00 AM – 3:00 AM
- Location will be in the Brighton Pavilions Parking lot
- The Board needs to approve any expenses before invoices can be paid
- Deposit paid to RTD; need to make sure each participant signs a waiver releasing BLF of any potential damage to property
- Ghost Run, October 8 – Yvette/Melissa
- Motion to pay Timing Consortium a deposit of $200 was offered; seconded and passed. This will set the Run as a qualifying 5k race to be included in the Triple Crown.
- Sponsorships granted for the Triple Crown will cover most or all of the remaining fee to Timing Consortium.
- Disc Golf, June 11 – Joan
- Sponsorships – we have secured sponsorships from United Power, Valley Bank & Trust, and Mehaffy, Brubaker, & Ernst. All need proper recognition.
- Scholarships – Joan. Due date is April 29. Committee will meet prior to May meeting and select recipients. Joan asked for feedback on the Scholarship Application. Lloyd mentioned the Wilma Rose and Joan Kniss scholarship designations need clarification. Might lead to confusion.
- Chamber Non-Profit Council – Magi. Nothing new to report.
- Website/Social Media – Amanda continuing to update our website; Joan posting new information on our FB page.
- Other Business – table discussion of possible formation of Executive Committee for May meeting. Please be mindful that our contractual hours with Amanda have been exhausted.
- New Business – Lloyd and Magi will follow up and sign us up with smile.amazon.com to benefit from a percentage of purchases made by individuals who select BLF as the preferred non-profit.
- Adjournment – meeting was adjourned by Yvette at 1:35 p.m.
Next Meeting: Thursday, May 26, 2016. Historic City Hall, Heritage Room, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Juan will provide lunch, Janon will provide drinks and a dessert.