There is no content to display.
Present: Yvette Martinez, Wilma Rose, Kerri Navarro, Lloyd Worth, Erica Hageman, Melissa Rippy, Ann Taddeo, Aryn Lallas, Juan Luna and Joan Kniss.
- All current board members, Joan, Yvette, Janon and Kerri, were re-elected to their positions. Yvette mentioned that next year should would be interested in being the chairman for the Foundation.
- Melissa Rippy was asked to review the insurance policy. She suggested having a blanket policy for the upcoming events. She is contacting an insurance agency that specializes in non-profit insurance policies. She is gathering a quote for the March’s meeting for the board’s review.
- Bi-law review. The board read through the bi-laws and decided to make revisions on the following topics.
- Acceptance policy for new members.
- Friends of the board. If the board becomes full with 15 members, new members will be chosen from this group.
- The policy on how many meetings a board member can miss before they are terminated.
- The Secretary position has several duties that are going to be omitted or delegated to other positions.
- The Brighton Legacy Foundation website is up and running.
- The board has received several contracts from our funding recipients.
- Disc Golf Tournament
- Wilma has been working with Camden on the date for the Disc Golf Tournament.
- June 13, 2015 was decided on to be the date of the Tournament.
- Wilma is contacting the parks department to see if the course is available.
- Food was mentioned, but will be discussed further in March’s meeting.
- Minutes from January meeting were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report- Joan reported that we have $12,693 in our outside agency fund; $783 in our youth account; $13,000 in scholarships; $600 in cookbook; $4300 in Administrative and $1315 in marketing.
- Joan discussed making adjustment to the youth funding policy.
- There is $600 in the cookbook fund. The printing costs are $597.
- The cost of the cookbooks was discussed. Amounts from $5-$25 were mentioned.
- There is $110 in public contributions.
- Joan is going to check with Janon on moving the meetings to either the 1st or the 3rd Wednesday of the month
- March’s meeting will have lunch supplied by Erica Hageman.
Respectfully submitted by Kerri Navarro
Additional notes after Kerri left:
- It was decided that we would offer a total of $8000 in scholarships. Juan, Melissa, and Lloyd volunteered to be on a committee to propose scholarship categories.
- At our March meeting we will decide whether to move money from Scholarships to Youth Funding.
- Joan will draft a policy for youth funding that will have its first reading at the March meeting.
- Joan will draft a new member policy for discussion at our March meeting.