There is no content to display.
Present: Yvette Martinez, Wilma Rose, Janon Swink, Lloyd Worth, Erica Hageman, Melissa Rippy, Ann Taddeo, Aryn Lallas. Carol Hodges was also present.
- Fundraising ideas-
- Directors suggested several ideas, and the group narrowed down to four on which we will focus: Disc golf, Historic Ghost Tour, Poker Run, and Run/Walk. In addition, we did talk about planning a garden tour for 2016 and an Incredibly Amazing Race. Dates for the four major events will be determined in March.
- Sponsorships- We need to begin contacting potential event sponsors. This topic will be a major agenda item in March.
- Cookbooks- Carol passed around a draft, and she continues to proofread. The books will be printed in February.
- Carol and Karah were thanked for their service and dedication to the Foundation and were given gift cards.
- Grant funding
- Janon explained the process for dispersing the funds either via an electronic transfer or she could write a check.
- Everyone was encouraged to take pictures of the presentations, and thanks to Melissa we have the BIG check.
- A reminder that this year contracts need to be signed by the grantees.
- Minutes from December meeting were approved.
- Treasurer’s Report- Janon reported that we have $4,800 in our outside agency fund; $783 in our youth account; $13,000 in scholarships; $600 in cookbook
- We will be giving $3000 to high school seniors and $1000 for our continuing education scholarship.
- The applications will go out the end of February.
- Wilma and Lloyd discussed their participation in the Board of Education’s recent Linkage meeting. They felt the Foundation received a lot of good publicity because most of the attendees were not aware of the Foundation.
- Aryn, Yvette, and Joan were reappointed to the Board.
- A suggestion was made to spotlight one of the non-profits each month on our Facebook page and website. Joan will begin this in February once all the check presentations have been posted.
- For our February meeting which will be our official “Yearly Meeting,” we decided to review our By-Laws so everyone is familiar with them. We will also have an election for officers.
Respectfully submitted by Joan Kniss